Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Day In Hospice with Ha-Day!





Hello my name is Jade and I work with death and dying which really means I work in life and living. For most people trying to imagine what it would be like to be dying is simple,you need only remember one thing, you already are! This is what I embrace when I do my work in order to stay grounded realizing, I am no different than anyone I serve. Without fear and with an open heart, like a simple dot, a pixel in a world full of colour and constant change; we are all changing, shifting morphing in and out, from one life to another as we change we grow and as we flow we will open to even more edification and growth.If we point and we judge we remain all alone, as we judge we continue to note all the 'differences' and in seeking only the differences, we only notice our own. In this job you don't get a second chance. You can't call in from a hang over or for waking up on the wrong side of the bed. You may get only one chance. Much is learned about what is important and what is not, what sacrifices get made for love, and how time, like a clock on the wall is utterly unimportant and dates are the same. It is a job like no other, sacred and real.

It makes one strong and it makes one grow and if you stick with it you soon know death is not nearly the end. If we never made excuses or tried to get out of obligations, you can see how this volunteer job works. You must show up and you will never want to make excuses, excuses become cheap as a lie, as soon as you understand the importance of the task at hand. The value of silence is enormously important in the realm of hospice, and in general. The human animal has an innate desire 'a certain want' to inject words into the scenes of the play, that we call our lives. Words are not needed, sometimes they are simply even painful for a person close to death. I recall how my Edgar taught me that, how words hurt his head as each word he could feel like a pain or a stress, each word filled his head with unwanted distress.The fact I am welcomed into a sacred lair; to give of and share in a life of another is a gift I am given each time I volunteer. It is amazing, in fact the rate of pay I receive for this job is truly priceless, more valuable gold. For it teaches me about give and take, love and pain and that my problems are very few in compare.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Here to interact