Sunday, June 10, 2012

For The Love Of God 2

I still had to tell my family, my nieces and nephews, my sis, how would they take it? All our kids played together, his kids, my kids, my sisters kids, I would miss them more than anything! Their where so many things to think about, the future was going to be challenging with no help from family and friends. At 22 with a five year old son we where basically moving to brand new land with a foreign man, whom I had been seeing for almost 3 years.

I was up for it tho,' how often would this gift happen? Moving to a strange town with new strange people sounded exciting and it still does, I love new places, but so far this is my fave. I had just gone from being a teenage mom with all kinds of serious circumstances one day to being swept off my feet by this really handsome charmer, wooed, wined dined, and most importantly given a gift of confidence I desperately needed, he was such an adult. Of course sometimes he was too adult for me, but the lessons flowed from life's pores and I learned so many things, some good and some embarrassing.

When we first began dating we went to dinner at a really swank mobster-ish dinner club and then to a new place called 'The Shark club'. We had so much fun or at least I did, lol and I was in the mood for love, just a little amorous after a night so splendidly perfect and I was way head over heels! But my overtures didn't quite go as planned. I went to the bathroom, changing into my lovely & tasteful lingerie I open the door to see him cutting the Zzz's in my bed.

So, I tried crawling into bed all vixenish like, I purred,
"hey baby, look what I m wearing..." he kept snoring, and after a couple more'are you awakes' and a poke or two, he grumbled "I m tired." I was so upset! Waaah! I had the perfect night and I wanted more!! Instead I decided to leave, I' d show him! I got dressed jumped on my bike rode it out the door foot slipping hard unto the pedal and blammo, you know the rest, ouch!!

So, angry had this rejection made me that I just jumped back on and began to peddle the bike faster and faster. I turned the corner to be greeted by a large spray of gravel preceeding me, too late! The thin racing tires on my old Peugeot slowed while I kept going, down into the gravel sliding, gone! I was pathetic, in pain and knew if I rode any further I might just die, so I went back home. Sheepishly, I crept back into my apt, tail between my legs.



Their stood Vadim in the living room of my one room apt he was putting a shirt over his head and well muscled bod, acting like a child I blurted; "what are you doing!?" To which he promptly explained how he worked two jobs, 16 hours a day, and then he asked "did you have a good time tonight?" "yes" I meekly responded. "Well, than you should know that to do what we do costs money, and I work hard for that money and I really don't deserve to be treated like this, I was just tired!


And he had more to say about it too: "Am I to think that if you don't get something out of me that you are going to be angry with me, Well, bullshit, he continued, I m leaving if it is like that" My response of jealousy was automatic but when he explained himself, it was clear to me what he said was right. I had to be an adult early but obviously I did not know how to be in a healthy adult relationship yet, all I knew was what I had been in for the last few years. I had been demeaned so long, I was just a teenage girl with no real power, till now.


I was up for the challenge, I was so into this one; I would watch and learn, after all he was my elder and he was a pretty smart guy. Before we could leave however, my boyfriend would have to tell my mom we where moving, cos I was too scared to. If you are going to understand my mom than you need to understand that she had 13 brothers and was the only girl, you need to know she is the biggest bad ass mom (or grandma) you will ever meet in your life.

My mom is one strong woman and every man I have ever known is scared shitless of her, oh wait every man and every woman too. She was a cop before female cops where in vogue she was a physical education instructor in the army (badasss..) and one hell of an private investigator and body guard. At barley 5 feet tall when she was in her 50's she started a whole new career becoming the first female marine rescue officer in a secret island I cannot tell you of.



This is my mom folks, and if that says anything about my genes, so be it. Vadim had to be scared when he told my mom we where leaving the state. My mom just looked him right in the eyes and said"Now tell me Vadim, you are not gonna become one of these Jehovah's Witnesses' are you? You do not plan to take daughter up their to get converted do you?""Oh, no I would never do that, I don't believe in that. C'mon I m from a communist country, we are not even religious!"But my mum was in law enforcement after all so, maybe she saw something I didn't or maybe she just wanted to scare the living shit out of him!

2 comments:

  1. To be continued if you like...

    Yes please ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and I will next Sunday eve, Aaww!

    ReplyDelete

Here to interact