Sunday, November 18, 2012

Binaural Dreaming 101

Time is but a faded memory. It grows with age quickly, yellowing, chipping around the edges and most of us would love to have some part of it back. Life is brilliant and filled with amazing things. Things that can stir and amaze your senses and these "things" I speak of are not something one must have money to experience. Take for example an experience I had with You Tube, kid you not- the time was right the place right and it happened. Searching on 'You Tube',I was looking for something to relax me, knowing their would be some sort of harmonious music or a stretching breathing exercise someone had shared. Instead what I spotted was a self trance video.
   Sure it sounds corny upon first thought it even did to me, but something looked kinda cool, so I clicked play. A black and white hypnotic swirly pattern fell into itself in a hypnotic groove. following the instructions I watched the centre of the circle somewhat intently. The voice however was starting to get under my skin, it was A robotic, metallic sound, tinny. I was now becoming distracted by this voice, with it's Australian accent, robotic in intonation. Staring deeply into the picture, I said "God,this is lame" aloud, to my partner when all of a  sudden I was feeling  very different, as though I was going down a tunnel  being pulled into something deep and enormous, more enormous then I had ever imagined one could be aware of. The perceptions of my bodies feeling was now completely changing, morphing into a feeling most similar to a falling dream  (some of you may know.) but not really, it was however was one of the strangest events I have ever experienced physically.  The Australian accent drizzled with robotic intonation, said "do you know what it feels like to be in a trance? Have you ever been in a trance?" My head screamed out, "like this, like this!!" Soon that  video was over and the feeling of the trance would never be the same again. But now my curiosity was up.
    Clicking on things I didn't quite fully understood I stumbled upon a curious site, 'binaural beats.' Binaural beats, songs composed of notes played out in brain wave frequencies.  I clicked one, a relaxing binaural beat it declared, completely unaware what it meant exactly I soldiered on..  As the video began I soon realised I was  in a strange state, my breathing became very slow and deep, indeed  almost asleep. I read further discovering the frequency of the video I was viewing was in the so- called "theta wave", the slowest, deepest most relaxing of all 'waves'.  It appeared this was true, having experienced it, I was now onto the next thing. ( I m kind of a spaz that way) Curious to see what my next choice  would do, if anything I  randomly chose a ''binaural dream song' It appeared "best" for my tastes in images and the selections given, it was You Tube after all and so I chose binaural dreaming music..
   I recall lying on the bed on my side pondering, curious about what a binaural song for dreaming might  do, after the theta brain wave experience, I knew it really worked. From the wake stage to dream stage I remember everything vividly, the dream was obscure yet very clear all in one. The last thing I remember was my head on the pillow thinking,  next thing I am a a giant pastel  pink coloured square, I guess I wanted to get off the bed because next  I, the big pink square fell off the bed turning into a yellow circle, from that yellow circle I rolled fourth shifting into a big light blue triangle with a  few more coloured shapes to follow. Next morning I awoke thinking "WTF was that?" So, I researched a bit finding a description for binaural dream, it was described as such: " a dream like no other, when you have one you will know it is different"
  Well, that certainly described it, I had never dreamed anything quite like that. Certainly life is full of mystery and adventure and even if you cannot afford to fly to Egypt or some far away palace of glory take heed in this my friends, the world is so much more than that, you are the world, you are yourself and you are everyone else too simultaneously everyone is you. Don't forget that, keep value in yourself instead of what you own, you can even find travel inside yourself. No matter if you call it God, the galaxies, or coincidence just lighten your head, lower your load.  Criticize less and  be of good heart and of clear mind to find the inner most beauty and magic of life. You must begin to relax into the world. You must begin to trust in it my friend, beyond any political agenda or Mayan calendar or story you have been told,  lay the secret of your soul, a voice inside of you is longing to be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here to interact