Thursday, December 29, 2011

If the eye is the doorway to the soul...

If the eye is the doorway to the soul, facial expression is a gateway  of unguarded truths, when we are caught, unaware. You may not have noticed, You could not have known. It was a glimpse of raw emotion seen clearly by others, never really quite seen by you. An expression so  astounded, perhaps disgusted, nay confounded. A face I see often When I look into their eyes. They are like you of flesh and of bone. Just like you, just like me~they are you, they are me, once labeled, labeled forever, inciting only more mislabeling. Unorganized and alone they remains just a label, Human life and it's purpose are defeated by these labels. So, it is time for a change a time to pour it all outout with what they taught you, be it your parents and friends, other people and groups, pour it all out. Human cruelty so simple, like a child's nursery rhyme, 'ring around the rosy' a good example and we all learn the words. Humanity like an infant still Never too late to learn, Time to exit from this stupidity, leaving ignorance behind. It requires much strength and hard work. Choose to not be afraid nor follow in ignorance, fear not new understandings,  live in kindness bound by great care.

Daily meanderings and meetings met with questions in life “Where do you work? What do you do?” often when answering these questions, I will see a face twisting to grimace, perhaps a lack of composure that I deem as discomfort, because some consider it 'normal' even funny, to share how they deplore and make fun of the 'crazies' out there. That's my job, what I do I work for the mentally ill, so can we all, please just evolve? Stigma once created, and now given to many, It's not a stain on your sofa, or just an imperfect soul. My friends all I m asking, is to consider my goal,  be aware of your actions as they render your potential for growthNot resigned to accept any bad habits of hate. Empower yourself and surrender to a new kind of change. 

Update: I am no longer working with the mentally ill, although my son has continued in my footsteps and I am so proud of him serving the community and humankind, that was the most rewarding part of    doing art therapy/care giving. It is was not an easy job but I learned the most rewarding things are not easy. However it was not the mentally ill who made it difficult it was the people I wrote this prosey thing for, the outsider's who looked in and deemed to judge    myself and fellow worker's as people who where 'crazy' to work for the 'crazies' and I want them to know, take a look at yourself your  family and friends, we are all just one step behind or one gene in the pool, they are us and we are them, once again I must repeat, 'be aware of your actions as they render your  potential for growth.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here to interact